Bee pollen is among the oldest known dietary supplements. It has been used as a rejuvenator and medicine that dates back to the early Egyptians and Ancient Chinese. It is rich in vitamins, especially B vitamins, and contains trace amounts of minerals, elements, amino acids, and enzymes.
What is Pollen?
Pollen is produced by flowers (along with nectar) and is gathered by the Honeybees. It is brought back to the hive in special baskets on their back legs, and stored in cells until needed. Pollen is the protein part of the honeybees’ diet. The nectar which is also gathered from the flowers, brought back to the hive and turned into honey, is the carbohydrate part of the honeybee diet. The beekeeper places a pollen trap in the entrance of the hive, trapping some of the pollen off the bees’ back legs. It is gathered at the end of the each day, dried out, and is ready for human consumption.
Why Bee Pollen?
Low calorie / High energy: Each ounce of pollen contains just 90 calories, only 7 grams of carbohydrates, plus 15% lecithin (the substance that burns fat), and 25% is pure protein.
- Complete nutrition: Honeybee pollen gives you all esential nutrients, all vitamins, all minerals, enzymes and trace elements needed for health and vitality.
- Natural Weight Control: Pollen taken in natural form before eating helps stabilize faulty metabolism, often involved in unhealthy weight gain or loss. Rich in lecithin pollen causes a speedy increase in calorie burning. Anti-putrefactive effect benefits digestion.
- Skin Restorative Power: Honeybee pollen can improve unhealhy and/or aging skin when taken internally. Helps control acne, age spots, and plumps wrinkles. The clear skin of youth and health comes form within.
- Increases vital oxygen-carrying red blood cells up to 25%.
- Improves the crucial recovery power of athletes after stressed performances.
Bee Pollen is often referred to as natures perfect food. With 96 known nutrients, it is a rich dietary source of zinc, calcium, magnesium and iron. It can energize you, give you a sense of well-being, increase your intellectual capacity and close any nutritional gaps in your diet. Enjoy this delicious and nutritious breakfast drink.
1 ripe banana
2 prunes, cooked and pitted
1 tablespoon of all bran cereal (shredded form)
1 tablespoon wheat germ
1/2 tablespoon lemon juice
1 1/2 cups orange juice
1 tablespoon honey
1 teaspoon of honey bee pollen pellets
Place all ingredients in a blender. Blend until smooth and creamy. Yum!